Our parquet polishing services are nothing short of exquisite, with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence that sets us apart from the rest. We take great pride in our ability to transform dull and lackluster floors into gleaming works of art, imbued with an aesthetic beauty that is both timeless and sophisticated. Our skilled technicians are experts in the art of parquet polishing, using only the finest tools and techniques to bring out the natural beauty of the wood grain and create a finish that is smooth, glossy, and truly breathtaking. Whether you are looking to enhance the charm of your home in Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur, or Pokhara, or to create a show-stopping floor for your commercial space, our parquet polishing services are the perfect choice. With our meticulous attention to detail and unwavering commitment to quality, we are confident that we can create the perfect parquet finish for you, one that will last for years to come and always leave a lasting impression.
What are the benefits of parquet polishing services?
Parquet polishing services offer a variety of benefits including:
- Improved appearance: Polishing brings out the natural beauty of the wood grain and enhances the color of the wood. This results in a more attractive and polished look.
- Increased durability: The protective layer created by polishing helps to prevent damage to the wood from foot traffic, spills, and scratches.
- Easier maintenance: A polished parquet floor is much easier to clean and maintain than an unpolished one.
- Increased value: A polished parquet floor can add value to a property by making it more attractive to potential buyers.
- Allergen reduction: A polished parquet floor is less likely to harbor dust and other allergens, making it a healthier option for people with allergies.
- Cost-effective: Parquet polishing services are relatively low cost when compared to the cost of replacing the flooring entirely.
- Environmentally friendly: Polishing an existing parquet floor is an environmentally friendly alternative to replacing the floor entirely which can generate waste.
How does our parquet polishing process work?
Our parquet polishing process typically involves the following steps:
- Inspection: We begin by inspecting the floor to determine the condition of the wood and identify any areas that may require special attention.
- Cleaning: We thoroughly clean the floor to remove any dirt, dust, or debris that may be present.
- Sanding: We use progressively finer grades of sandpaper to remove the old finish and smooth out any imperfections in the wood.
- Staining (if necessary): If desired, we can apply a stain to the wood to change its color or enhance its natural beauty.
- Sealing: We apply a sealant to the wood to protect it from moisture and other damage.
- Polishing: We use specialized equipment to buff the floor to a high shine, creating a smooth and glossy finish.
- Final Inspection: We do a final inspection to ensure that the floor meets our high standards of quality and that the customer is satisfied with the results.
Note: The process may vary slightly depending on the type of wood, the condition of the floor, and the desired level of shine.
What types of finishes can be achieved with our parquet polishing services?
Our parquet polishing services can achieve a variety of finishes, including:
- Gloss finish: This is the most popular finish and creates a highly reflective, mirror-like shine. It is perfect for high-traffic areas such as hallways, living rooms, and commercial spaces.
- Satin finish: This finish is less reflective than a gloss finish and creates a softer, more natural look. It is a good option for bedrooms, dining rooms, and other areas where a more subdued shine is desired.
- Matt finish: This is the least reflective of all finishes and creates a very low-sheen, natural look. It is often used in rustic or traditional-style homes or to match a specific design aesthetic.
- Oil Finish: Oil finishes are suitable for parquet floors that are already in good condition. It enhances the natural beauty of the wood and provides a subtle sheen. It is also a good option for flooring in areas with high humidity, as oil finishes are more resistant to moisture.
- Hard Wax Oil Finish: It is similar to oil finish but with added durability and resistance to wear, making it suitable for high traffic areas.
- Natural Oil Finish: This finish is made with natural oils like linseed oil, tung oil, and hemp oil which give a natural look to the flooring and are also more eco-friendly.
We can work with you to determine the best finish for your specific needs, design and foot traffic of the space.
How often should parquet flooring be polished?
The frequency at which parquet flooring should be polished depends on several factors, including the level of foot traffic, the amount of sunlight the floor receives, and the amount of use the floor gets. In general, it is a good idea to have your parquet flooring professionally polished every 2 to 3 years, or as needed. It is also a good idea to have your flooring inspected periodically to check for any signs of wear or damage, such as scratches or dull spots, so that any necessary repairs can be made before they become major issues.
Here are some things to keep in mind when determining the frequency of polishing:
- High traffic areas such as hallways, living rooms, and commercial spaces will require more frequent polishing than low traffic areas such as bedrooms and formal dining rooms.
- Sunlight can cause the finish to fade, so floors that receive a lot of sunlight will need to be polished more frequently.
- If you have pets or children, the floor will likely need to be polished more frequently due to scratches or other damage caused by claws or toys.
Ultimately, it is best to consult with a professional flooring specialist to determine the best schedule for polishing your parquet flooring based on the specific usage and condition of your flooring.
What is the cost of our parquet polishing services?
The cost of our parquet polishing services will vary depending on several factors, including the size of the area to be polished, the condition of the flooring, and the type of finish desired. Factors such as the condition of the flooring, type of wood, and the desired finish will also affect the cost. A rough estimate for polishing a standard parquet floor in a typical residential space would be around 60 rupees per sq. ft. However, this is just an estimate and the final cost will depend on the specific circumstances of your project.
It’s important to note that, cost of parquet polishing services also depends on location and the company providing the service. A company based in a city might charge more than a company based in a rural area. I recommend getting a quote from a few different companies to compare prices and services.
It’s also worth considering that investing in professional parquet polishing services can ultimately save you money in the long run by prolonging the life of your flooring and preventing the need for costly repairs or replacements.
Can you work on different types of parquet flooring?
Yes, our parquet polishing services can work on a variety of different types of parquet flooring. Some of the most common types of parquet flooring that we work with include:
- Solid wood parquet flooring: This type of flooring is made from solid wood planks and is available in a variety of different species such as oak, maple, and cherry.
- Engineered wood parquet flooring: This type of flooring is made from several layers of wood that are bonded together. It is more stable than solid wood flooring and is less likely to expand or contract with changes in humidity and temperature.
- Laminate parquet flooring: This type of flooring is made from a high-resolution photograph of wood that is laminated onto a substrate. It is a more affordable option than solid or engineered wood flooring and is very durable.
- Mosaic parquet flooring: This type of flooring is made of small pieces of wood, arranged in geometric patterns.
We also work on different finishes of parquet flooring such as oiled, lacquered, brushed, hand scraped etc.
No matter what type of parquet flooring you have, we can provide professional polishing services to restore its beauty and protect it for years to come.
Do you offer any guarantees or warranties on your parquet polishing services?
Yes, we offer guarantees or warranties on our parquet polishing services. The specifics of the guarantees or warranties will depend on the company providing the services but typically they include:
- Guarantee on the workmanship: The company guarantees that the work will be done to a high standard and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Warranty on the finish: The company provides a warranty on the finish that it applies, which typically covers fading, peeling, or discoloration for a certain period of time.
- Warranty on the service: The company provides a warranty that covers any issues that may arise with the service provided such as if the flooring becomes damaged or discolored within a certain period of time after the service.
It’s important to note that guarantees and warranties will vary by company and service package. It’s essential to check with the company about the guarantees and warranties that they offer on their parquet polishing services before you make a decision.
FAQ FOR PARQUET POLISHING SERVICES
- What is parquet polishing?
Parquet polishing is the process of restoring the shine and luster of a parquet floor by removing scratches, stains, and discoloration. It involves the use of specialized equipment and products to clean, sand, and polish the floor.
- What are the benefits of parquet polishing services?
The benefits of parquet polishing services include: restoring the appearance of the floor, increasing durability and longevity, protecting the floor from damage, and improving the overall look and feel of the space.
- How often should parquet flooring be polished?
The frequency at which a parquet floor should be polished depends on the level of foot traffic, the type of finish, and the overall condition of the floor. A general rule of thumb is to have the floor polished every 1-2 years. However, if the floor sees heavy traffic, it may need to be polished more frequently.
- What types of finishes can be achieved with parquet polishing services?
Different types of finishes that can be achieved with parquet polishing services include high-gloss, semi-gloss, satin, and matte. The type of finish chosen will depend on personal preference and the overall aesthetic of the space.
- Can you work on different types of parquet flooring?
Yes, professional parquet polishing services can work on a variety of different types of parquet flooring, including solid wood, engineered wood, laminate, and mosaic.
- Do you offer any guarantees or warranties on your parquet polishing services?
Many companies provide guarantees or warranties on their parquet polishing services, which typically cover the workmanship, finish, and service provided. It’s important to check with the company about the guarantees and warranties that they offer before you make a decision.